- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association (RMABA) values its users' privacy.
from those who visit our website or make use of our online facilities and services, and what we will
and will not do with the information we collect. Our Policy has been designed and created to ensure
those affiliated with Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association of our commitment and realization
of our obligation not only to meet, but to exceed, most existing privacy standards.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you
are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time
Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association decides to make use of any personally identifiable information
on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected,
the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether
to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
- This Policy applies to Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association and any subsidiary company listed
below, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of Rmaba.org and any
subsidiary website listed below, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed
in this Policy.
- Subsidiary Company:
- Rocky Mountain Book and Paper Fair
- Subsidiary Website:
- Please note that this Policy does not govern the collection and use of information by companies that Rocky
Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association does not control, nor by individuals not employed or managed by
the site with information. It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and
statements of any website you choose to use or frequent to better understand the way in which websites garner,
make use of and share the information collected.
- Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- 1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- 2. Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- 3. How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- 4. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- 5. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- Information We Collect
- It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not
to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
This website collects various types of information, such as:
- • Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or
credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the
services you have requested.
- In addition, Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association may have the occasion to collect non-personal
anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and
religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will
assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
- Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly
provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use
personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically
provided for on this Policy.
- Why We Collect Information and For How Long
- We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- • To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- • To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- • To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have
your consen t to do so;
- • To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when
we have your consent to do so;
- • To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain
said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal
information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we
have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any
retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the
type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping
such information as stated in this Policy.
- Use of Information Collected
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent
or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association may collect and may make use of personal information
to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At
times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed
of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Rmaba.org and its
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association and its subsidiaries may also be in contact with you
with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or
potential future services that may be offered.
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association uses various third-party social media features
including but not limited to facebook.com/rockymountainbookfair and other interactive programs. These
may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the
privacy policies of the providers and are not within Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association's
- Disclosure of Information
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association may not use or disclose the information provided
by you except under the following circumstances:
- • as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- • in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- • in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably
- • as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant; to outside auditors who have
agreed to keep the information confidential;
- • as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- • as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Rocky Mountain
Antiquarian Booksellers Association.
- Non-Marketing Purposes
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association greatly respects your privacy. We do
maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts,
security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association
products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public
means to post a notice.
- Children under the age of 13
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association's website is not directed to, and does not knowingly
collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined
that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall
immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database,
or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information.
Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this
- Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
- All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us
by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you
wish to unsubscribe to Unsubscribe@rmaba.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or optout from any third-party websites,
you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers
Association will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously
- Links to Other Websites
- Our website does contain links to affiliate and other websites. Rocky Mountain Antiquarian
Booksellers Association does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices
and/or procedures of other such websites. Therefore, we encourage all users and visitors to be aware
when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally
collected by our website.
- Notice to European Union Users
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association's operations are located primarily in the United
States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union
(EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on
August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data
is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to
companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to
us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association takes precautions to protect your information.
When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and
offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information
is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in
the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your
information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example,
billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers
and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the
user's personal information under our control.
- By using this website, you are hereby accepting the terms and conditions stipulated within the
refrain from further use of our sites. In addition, your continued use of our website following the
posting of any updates or changes to our terms and conditions shall mean that you agree and acceptance
of such changes.
- How to Contact Us
please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number or mailing address.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association
- PO Box 9252
- Denver, CO 80209-0252